For glass claims, click here.|
First and foremost, if anyone is injured, provide immediate first aid assistance and call for emergency services.
Exchange your name, address, telephone number and insurance information with the driver of the other car(s) involved in the accident.Write down the following information:
Promptly report the accident to the nearest police station and complete any necessary incident reports.
- The date, time, and place of accident
- Description of how the accident occurred
- The name and address of owner of the other
- The other driver's Social Security and/or
driver's license numbers
- The names and addresses of all passengers and
- The license plate numbers of the other vehicles,
Cooperate fully with the police, but do not make any admissions about your responsibility in the accident. (Do not admit that it was your fault, even
if it was!)
Complete the Motor Vehicle Crash Operator Report
required by the Mass RMV for all accidents.
Report the claim to our office immediately. For minor accidents, you can call your
insurance company directly.
Do not sign any statements for anyone other than an authorized representative of your insurance company or agency — be sure to request identification.